VMDO is seeking a highly motivated, creative, team-oriented individual to join our team in the role of Senior Project Architect in our Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of post-degree, professional experience and work samples that demonstrates a proficiency in a range of design presentation formats both digitally and hand-drawn formats.
- Work closely with Principal in Charge and complement the Project Designer to develop a design concept and oversee the documentation of the project. Addresses major project decisions and handles significant project challenges requiring new approaches and guidelines.
- Direct and manage project teams, consultants, and partner firms through all phases of work on large projects. Preference may be given to candidates with experience in historic renovation or experience teaming with construction managers on design build projects.
- Develop client relationships and engage stakeholders on large institutional and educational projects through the delivery of professional services. Preference will be given to candidates with successful marketing and business development experience in DC and surrounding areas.
- Negotiate and execute professional agreements with owners, construction managers, partner firms, consultants, and service providers.
- Mentor aspiring architects and trains young designers on technical, code, documentation, and QC/QA issues.
- Licensed architectural professional with more than 10 years of experience practicing architecture.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in DC and surrounding areas. Preference will be given to candidates licensed in Washington DC or with the ability to become licensed in Washington DC.
- Committed to best practices in sustainability with LEED AP and complementary high-performance credentials.
- Demonstrated experience in sustainable design, net-zero energy, building rating systems, and health and wellness.
- Committed to high quality design, craft, technical excellence, exceptional detailing, thorough documentation, and professional delivery of projects.
- Proficient in the use of Revit, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
- Proficient in the use of project management software including Newforma and Ajera (Deltek) among others.
- Knowledgeable of industry standards, code regulations and contributes to the advancement of office standards and project processes.
- Experience working with neighborhood associations, review boards and regulatory agencies.
- Leadership in AIA and other industry organizations such as USGBC, CSI, etc.
- Excellent communicator, trustworthy, inspiring, good humored, adaptable, innovative, organized, collaborative, and self-driven.
Please resumes to email@example.com with "Senior Project Architect" in the subject line. For work samples, include a link to an online portfolio or attach a digital copy to your email.