Are you a skilled writer that is able to translate complex topics into cohesive and compelling content? Committed to design and sustainability? VMDO Architects seeks to hire a Communications Specialist to support our Marketing Team, within the broader framework of VMDO’s K-12, Higher Education, and Athletics + Community studios. Specifically, someone who enjoys brainstorming concepts with our collaborative team and transforming these ideas into practical print and digital content which will support our growth and visibility. Our ideal candidate is a passionate and proven writer, collaborative in nature with a mind towards marketing who will be based in-person in our Charlottesville office.
Located in Charlottesville, VA and Washington, DC VMDO Architects is a lively, creative, and passionate firm committed to connecting people and place through design. VMDO enjoys success with a diverse team of architects, designers, and support staff of 80 providing architectural design for a variety of educational institutions, communities, and municipalities.
WHAT WE'LL PROVIDE:
- Creative and supportive culture that values diversity, intellectual curiosity and fun
- Competitive salary, benefits and 401K
- Annual reviews from colleagues at all levels for feedback and ongoing mentorship
- Strong growth trajectory
- Equitable design discourse
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through pro-bono design and paid volunteering
WHAT YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE:
- Visibility of our firm through all social media platforms with concise, consistent and compelling content / messaging
- Awareness via press releases, magazine articles, direct mail, etc.
- Copywriting for RFP responses, conference abstracts, project descriptions and other business development related pursuits
- Work with architectural staff to develop proposal sections and scopes of work
HOW WE'LL COLLABORATE:
- Reports to the Marketing Team Leaders and Studio Principals
- Strategic interaction and collaboration with VMDO’s Director of Client Development
- Software platforms including Social Media Management(Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or equivalent), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat) and MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Smartsheet or equivalent
Sitting at the intellectual center of our marketing team, you will support emerging marketing activity, brand strategy and social media. You'll bring:
- 3 - 5 years of professional experience (with special interest in the architectural design industry)
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, English, Journalism or Marketing
- Strong writing skills to craft premium content for marketing, social media, blogging & SEO, video
- Organizational skills to handle the multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of social media & marketing fundamentals
- A confident, collaborative spirit to engage with and receive constructive criticism from a design studio
- Strong interpersonal and cross-functional relationship skills
If you would like to join our collaborative environment, email your cover letter, resume, one writing sample, and salary requirements as one file (no larger than 5 MB in PDF format) to email@example.com. Additionally, please reference Career Opportunities/Communications Specialist in the subject line.