VMDO is seeking a seasoned architect who enjoys traveling to job sites for hands-on construction management. Ideal candidates will have 8+ years in the field, excellent project management and interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills, a flexible attitude, and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
The Senior Construction Administrator will:
- Oversee construction administration for multiple VMDO projects in the education and community sectors;
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of all types of building systems;
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable codes for project and resolves issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction;
- Uses standard protocol for communication with and between team members, to include the owner, architect/engineer team, contractor staff and subcontractors;
- Maintains current knowledge of the owner-architect agreement and any additional services agreements and provides professional services in accordance with these documents;
- Evaluates cost-related aspects of the project, administering change orders, proposed changes, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and payment applications in accordance with contract and project requirements;
- Assists with a variety of construction-related duties including: preparing meeting minutes, site-observation reports, and punch lists; processing submittals and requests for information; posting project information including plans and specifications; creating and maintaining submittal logs and RFI logs.
- Additional responsibilities may include development of firm-wide CA procedures, standards, and resources; conducting/managing QA/QC reviews; collecting lessons learned; and mentoring junior staff involved in CA.
Education: Professional degree from an NAAB accredited Architecture School is preferred. Candidates with degrees in engineering may also be considered.
Licensure: Registered Architect in the Commonwealth of Virginia (or ability to apply for reciprocity)
Preferred Certifications: AIA, CDT, CPSM, CSI, DBIA, NCARB, LEED AP
Software Skills: AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Office Suite, Navisworks, and Revit
Physical Requirements and Location: This position requires extended computer usage, as well as the ability to occasionally carry project samples and submittals weighing up to 30 lbs., and to regularly walk through active construction sites which may include uneven surfaces. This role will require travel to project sites on a weekly basis, balanced with 2-3 days in person at our Charlottesville, VA office and an optional work-from-home day.
Salary: Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes zero-cost employee health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick days, holidays, and more.
Please apply using our online application.