Along with a new website and refreshed brand, VMDO has reconfigured its management committee and announced a series of promotions celebrating the successes of our staff.
In 2016, VMDO gently reconfigured its leadership and established a managing principal and management committee to replace the former executive committee. Comprised of former members of the executive committee and new studio leadership, this structure offers greater representation from the three studios and introduces a next generation of leaders and initiatives while respecting the foundations of the firm established by the original partners. Overseeing the management committee, Managing Principal Terry Forbes guides firm operations, champions the business plan, and helps execute, with the management committee, VMDO's day-to-day vision – ensuring the values and best interests of VMDO and VMDO employees remain foremost in mind.
The management committee features representation from each of VMDO’s three studios and includes the following members:
- K12: Kelly Callahan + Wyck Knox
- Higher Education: Joe Atkins + Kim Smith
- Athletics + Community: Joe Celentano + Randy Livermon
In addition, VMDO is celebrating a series of promotions at the Associate Principal, Associate, and Director levels from 2015 and 2016. A sortable list of our entire staff – featuring leadership designations – can be found here.
- Wyck Knox – Associate Principal
- Jim Kovach – Senior Associate
- Jim Richardson – Senior Associate
- Philip Donovan – Associate
- Drew Fleming – Associate
- Dina Sorensen – Associate
- John Ottinger – Associate
- Kelly Callahan – Associate Principal
- Michele Westrick – Associate Principal
- Andres Pacheco – Senior Associate
- Dade Van Der Werf – Senior Associate
- Bryce Powell – Associate
- Sidney Griffin – Associate
- Brittney Butler – Associate, Director of Branding & Environmental Graphics
- Mary Beth Lineberry – Associate, Director of Marketing
- Thomas Bates – Director of Visualization